How I Help Buyers Find a Home



How do I work with buyers? It all starts with a face-to-face meeting to find out what you need. Then the process can truly begin.

Today I wanted to discuss how I work with buyers.

When I first get a buyer referred to me, I like to set up a meeting in person. We go over their needs, their wants, any questions or concerns they have, and then, we go over the home buying process from offer to closing. During this meeting, I always remind them that buying a home is a team effort. They will typically drive the online home search and I'll do the following:
  • Send them homes that might be of interest to them
  • Create an auto-email search that sends them listings
  • Make the home viewing process smooth
  • Point out the pluses and minuses when we see homes together

We'll go over your needs, wants, and everything in between.
I'll also invite buyers to let me know when they go to open houses so that I can send them a list by email or text. When a buyer expresses interest in a home, I'll also call the listing agent and get the inside scoop and find out what the disclosure items are.

People are surprised to learn that on average, it takes about a year to buy a house. That's why it's important to be able to ride the emotional roller coaster together. Sometimes people start out really strong, then they get discouraged, take a break, and then resume their search. I've instituted a 90-day policy to make sure the home search criteria is accurate and do a gut-check to make sure they're happy with the process and the service.

So if you or anyone you know is looking for a home in the next year, give me a call or send me an email. I'd love to walk you through the process and show you what I can do for you.

No comments :

Post a Comment