Help Us Bring Awareness to a Cause That's Close to Us



Today I wanted to talk about a community service project that helps kids and their families. It's a project I'm working on and I'm asking for your help.

My team and I are looking for service organizations that help children with mental or emotional health issues and can benefit from our project.
We want to bring mental and emotional health awareness to the community.
Our project is called Rise Up Kids.

We want to bring organizations into the community and make families aware of their services. Currently, organizations that help families are one of the best-kept secrets. As a rotary member, I got to meet some of these service organizations at our weekly meeting, but once they left the meeting, it was the last we heard of them.

They're not marketing experts and they work with skeleton crews, so it's understandable that you may not have heard of them. You might find a pamphlet at a library or hear a commercial every once in awhile, but that's usually it.

We want to bring them into the community and make families aware of what they actually do. Would you know where to refer a friend with a child suffering from a lost parent, a mental illness, or a substance abuse issue?

I can tell you that my own family has benefited from these organizations recently - in particular, the New Jersey Center of Mental Health and Bridgeway. They helped our family cope, gave us hope, and they helped us stay united in trying times.

With Rise Up Kids, we'll invite about 10 organizations into a local community park, draw kids and families out by offering a free RE/MAX tethered hot air balloon ride, and we'll ask these families to visit each organization's informational booth for a ticket. Once they've collected all 10 tickets, they've earned the free balloon ride.

Thank you so much for reading today in regard to a topic that's very important to me. If you have any questions about the event or you know of an organization that can benefit from the event, please give me a call or send me an email. We appreciate your help!

No comments :

Post a Comment