How Do Hybrid Cars Work?




Selling a home? Click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation


How do hybrid cars work? I drive a Toyota Camry Hybrid. I’m frequently asked if it uses gas or electricity. It uses both, but it’s not electric in the same way as the plug-in hybrid models. Instead, it has a little battery (the size of a regular car battery) in the trunk. Every time I’m in cruise mode, down-shift, or break, my car recharges itself.


It makes sense to have a hybrid because if you spend fossil fuels to generate motion, why not capture that energy and store it to push the car further along? There is a gas and electric motor. The electric motor powers the car exclusively in EV mode when the car travels extremely slowly. It acts as an auxiliary to the gas motor when I’m driving quickly.

At the end of the day, I average 38 miles per gallon. I only have to fill my car up three times a month, instead of four. It also means less stress and more money saved.

As for the rumors that hybrid cars aren’t great, my car drives powerfully and beautifully. I encourage you to check out the 2016 Toyota Prius!

If you have questions about this topic or more, reach out to me by phone or email. I’d be happy to help you out!

No comments :

Post a Comment